Friday, November 6, 2009

In My Dreams

My mind is filled with hopes and dreams,
Since a child I dreamed of doing impossible things,
Even today I dream big it seems,
Only now I feel more like a pawn than a king.

I'd love to sing, make it big on some pyramid scheme,
Travel the world and work as an Ambassador or something,
But all these scenes are nothing more than dreams,
And my dreams, it seems, are drifting away like golden rings.

As these rings drift away they laugh and sing,
"Did you really think you could be a king? Your a fool living in a fantasy,
You weren't borne into money or an amazing genealogy,
Did you really think you'd reach us through such an odyssey?"

Odyssey? Fuck you and your odyssey.
I will make it eventually. I will fight relentlessly.
I will pursue my dreams endlessly.
Because dreams are all there is inside of me.

Okay I must wake up now and face reality,
I must trudge through hard times indefinitely,
I will make it through eventually,
At least for now I can take pleasure in the green grass in front of me.